We love sharing our “Not a Model” photo shoots with you, but we thought it would be interesting to share some information behind the Gwynnie Bee models that we shoot all of our product images on. Here’s the first model profile, and a new model for Gwynnie Bee but definitely not new to modeling.
Originally from: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Now living in: NYC
Interests: Modeling, fashion design, traveling, spending time with loved ones
1. How did you start modeling?
I was scouted as a straight size model when I was 14, while shopping in a store in Amsterdam. After a couple of years, I did a shoot with a stylist who told me that if would gain I little bit of weight, I would be perfect as a plus model. That was perfect for me ’cause now I could be myself and be an example for young woman that you don’t have to be skinny to be beautiful. I have been working fulltime as a plus model for the last 9 years.
2. Of the Gwynnie Bee outfits you’ve modeled for us, which was your favorite?
My favorite was the red printed dress, it reminded me of a bandana print. I really love prints so that was my absolute favorite of the day.
Danielle in Jessica Howard Shift Dress in Print
3. What trend(s) are you most excited to experiment with this summer?
I always follow my own style when it comes to fashion. I am really into mixing prints right now.
Danielle in the Cult of California Galaxy Peplum Top
4. What are you busy with when you’re not in front of the camera?
I am very creative. I love making jewelry, designing and spending time with my family and friends.
5. What’s your daily uniform?
I love dresses fitted in the waist and I love crop tops and high-waisted skirts that accentuate my hourglass figure.
6. What’s your go-to accessory?
Big statement rings and necklaces are my favorite at the moment. You can style up any outfit with the right accessories.
7. What’s one thing you can’t live without?
The one thing I can’t live without are the people I love, my friends and family are the most important thing in my life.
8. Who or what is your greatest fashion inspiration?
I get inspired everyday: could be that I see something beautiful, a movie, a magazine, friends or I think of something I would love to wear and create it myself. I love being creative with the way I dress; it’s really a way of life to me.
From Gwynnie Bee’s collection, what would you wear:
- To a summer BBQ with friends: Lucie Lu Meg Dress. Love the light material and the African inspired print.
- To dinner and a movie with someone special: ASOS Curve Skater Dress in Blue Floral. I would team that up with a cool vintage jeans jacket and statement jewelry to finish of my look.
- On your perfect lazy Sunday: Lands End Pleat Shoulder V-Neck Dress in Green. I would team it up with black tights and sneakers for a prefect lazy Sunday outfit.
Thanks Danielle for giving us a glimpse into your world!