Thank you, theCURVYcon 2017! We had a blast attending the third year of this exciting conference, created by Chastity Garner and CeCe Olisa. From shopping to meet-and-greets to panels on body positivity, professional development, and special key-note speaker Chrissy Metz, this two-day event was packed. We loved the lively, supportive, love-fest feeling energy of this conference and we loved meeting you!
Gwynnie Bee team members Toni (left) and Jamie (right)
We popped up shop on the first floor in the shopping area and brought with us a selection of new arrivals and top brands to try on or browse. We also had GB team member, and incredible photographer, Trévon James, on site taking gorgeous photos of the lovely ladies who stopped by to say hello (check out our Facebook for an album of those photos).
Coffee break! We knew with the bustling conference, coffee was a must. We partnered with Gregory’s Coffee to bring a selection of hot and cold brew in a Gwynnie Bee mug for any conference go-er who needed a little caffeine boost.
Our coffee bar
Finally, we wanted to have a fun little giveaway. We brought our dress form, Maggie Mae, along with us, and asked “what does Fashion Freedom mean to you.” Attendees wrote their answers on purple hang tags for a chance to win jewelry from the GB Marketplace. Seeing Maggie Mae all pinned up with (167!) statements on fashion freedom was a beautiful sight to see.
Dress form, Maggie Mae, dressed up in tags
Below are a sampling of our favorites – what “fashion freedom” means to you!
- “To celebrate your body and demand to be seen.” – Danielle (@curvedandcontoured on Instagram)
- “Free to be me, unapologetically.” – LaShauna (@lashaunacoline via Instagram)
- “Fashion to me is like a jewel in a crown – it helps you stand out and shine!” – Lisa (@lisattlcdream via Instagram)
- “Fashion freedom is like having great dessert and not worrying about calories” – Natala (@thexxldiva on Instagram)
- “Knowing that you slay in you own damn way.” – Kala (@kalariggins via Instagram)
- “Fashion freedom? Wearing your heart & soul for the world to see. Confidence!” – @soulfully-deep
- “The power to inspired young girls to dress with confidence.” – Dash (@dash.the.creator via Instagram)
- “Fashion freedom means horizontal stripes!” – April (@itskweeohstupid via Instagram)
- “Taking risks!” – Zoe (@shopzbella via Instagram)
- “No limits!” – Ana (@vivalacurvy via Instagram)
- “Fashion Freedom is making your own rules.” – @Redstreak (via Instagram)
A huge thank you to everyone who stopped by at theCURVYcon 2017! For those who missed it, be sure to check out the coverage on Yahoo Style, where you can see every panel. The content was so engaging – we encourage you to check it out. Also, be sure to check in on our social media for more behind-the-scenes and see some familiar faces that stopped by our booth.