Each month, we’re turning the spotlight on our community to share their stories and flaunt our styles (after all, who would we rather see than the women who really wear them?). Watch this space for more incredible style and stories. If you would like to be considered for an upcoming installment of “We’re Inspired By…”, submit your unique story!
This month we headed to very sunny Sherman Oaks, CA to learn about Kate, a passionate woman on-the-go. LACMA in Los Angeles was the perfect location to shoot this vibrant entertainment insider. We loved hearing about Kate’s experience with GB, how she approaches style in LA, and why being a Gemini influences her accessories. Read more to find out why we’re inspired by…. Kate A.!
Meet the Member!
Name: Kate A.
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Member Since: August 2013
1. Tell our readers a little bit about yourself!
I was born in Connecticut, but I’ve lived in Los Angeles for over seven years and consider California to be my home. I am engaged to the love of my life, and we are parents to three adorable fur babies. I have a big Italian family, including a brother, sister and over ten first cousins. I work in the entertainment industry managing publicity for television shows, so of course I am a total TV and film junkie! I’m incredibly passionate about animal activism and environmental conservation. I enjoy cooking, traveling, theater, music, books, laughter, art and spending quality time with my nearest and dearest.
2. What inspired you to become a Gwynnie Bee member?
When I began working in Los Angeles, my hodgepodge college wardrobe no longer served me and I found myself in dire need of new, professional clothes. With limited finances and not a whole lot of time to shop, I found GB to be the perfect solution for finding stylish, professional clothes that suited by body. I also loved how convenient and hassle-free the service was. Seriously, how great is it to build a new wardrobe from your couch in a matter of minutes!? I didn’t have to put any thought into it, the process of selecting outfits was rather fun, and I always had nice, new clothing to wear. Before I knew it, I was hooked!
3. What has your Gwynnie Bee experience been like thus far?
My GB experience has been very positive. I’ve had to put my account on hold a few times when I needed to budget for other costs, but I have always come back to GB because I truly do believe it is a service that works and is worthwhile.
4. How has Gwynnie Bee changed the way you approach fashion?Having Gwynnie Bee has inspired me to take bigger risks with my fashion choices. I have ordered quite a few pieces that I wouldn’t normally buy (or even try on) because they are not inside of my comfort zone, or they aren’t pieces that I would typically be drawn to, and much to my surprise I have ended up absolutely loving them. What I have learned is that my style is an ever-evolving thing. I am constantly finding new fashions that I love, and also leaving behind looks that are no longer my favorites. I have no idea what my wardrobe will look like in a few years, but I am sure that it will be filled with a myriad of diverse pieces that all make me feel happy and confident.
5. What pieces have you been most excited to receive? Has any piece surprised you with how much you love it?
I am always most excited to receive Karen Kane and Igigi pieces. I love the quality and durability of their fabrics, and their styles tend to fit my body nicely. I’ve purchased many of their dresses and would say they are definitely regulars in my rotation. In terms of pieces that have surprised me, I rented a dress from City Chic that was a lot brighter and quirkier than my typical preference, and I loved it so much that I ended up buying it!
6. How would you describe your sense of style? What influences your fashion sense?
In true Gemini spirit, my sense of style is pretty eclectic and always changing depending on my mood. I tend to be drawn to pieces that are comfortable to wear, yet look classy and sophisticated. I’m not afraid of bold colors or big patterns, and I love ultra feminine, form-fitting dresses. I also like pieces that are versatile and can be worn different ways. And I love to accessorize! My outfits aren’t complete until I have a bracelet and/or necklace on.
7. Who are the women who inspire you?
I am most inspired by women who are confident, passionate, honest, kind and unafraid to embrace their authentic selves. My fiancée Dawn is by far the most inspiring woman I know. She has overcome so many obstacles and yet has the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met. She is unapologetically herself and never tries to be someone she’s not. She’s fiercely loyal, hard working, generous, passionate about helping people and making this world a better place, and just absolutely gorgeous inside and out. Every day she inspires me to be proud of who I am and to make the most of each experience this life has to offer.
Thanks for sharing your story, Kate! Would you like a chance to be featured? We want to hear… submit your unique story!