With every New Arrivals launch, you want the most information possible to closet smartly. That’s why each new item on the site is reviewed by two women of different body types, who provide feedback on fit, material, length, to help you understand more about the great pieces arriving at your door.
Every week, our fabulous set of reviewers join us in our photo studio to review the latest and greatest coming to GB. We wanted to take you behind the lens to get all the details of how these reviews are created. So what are the top things you need to know about our First Fit Reviews?
Photographer Ferny, prepping for a First Fit shoot
- Step 1: Pick the styles. Our GB experts pair each reviewer with items that might work well with their body types and preferences, but also to ensure that you see reviews which offer a range of fit perspectives.
- Step 2: Try on the style, rock it in the mirror, and make some observations on fit and how it wears.
- Step 3: Snap a photo on set! We have a wonderful photographer on-hand to capture how the look works for each lady.
- Step 4: Write the review. After the getting the shot, each reviewer sits down to evaluate how the item worked for her, in order to bring you all the details you need to make smart closeting moves!
Reviewer Meaghan trying on an up and coming style from Julia Jordan
Because we want these reviews to be as helpful as possible, we ask our reviewers to follow some simple guidelines:
- Fit: Does it fit in the arms? Waist? Bust? How’s the length?
- Style Considerations: How does the material feel or move? Is there anything special about the garment, like embellishments that we should know about?
- Style Options: Is it good for day-to-night? Work? How might you make it work for you?
It’s all about fit (over style):
Our gorgeous reviewers all have their own unique sense of style. While we try to pair up our reviewers with a piece they’ll love, not all of items are a perfect match.
We want honest reviews, but objective ones. We ask the reviewers focus only on fit when considering heart ratings, since personal tastes are just that… personal! For this reason, you might see a reviewer still give a item she doesn’t personally love a high heart rating, because the fit is spot on.
First Fit Favorites:
Even though we focus on fit, some items just transcend that. When our reviewers just can’t get enough of a certain item, we want to celebrate it! Our purple “First Fit Favorites” badge on the product page lets you know that this piece is a standout. We’ve also started to highlight our reviewers and their personal faves. You can read about Kristina’s and Stephanie’s recent favorites on the blog now. Keep your eye out as we profile future favorites from our experienced reviewers monthly, here on the blog.
Photographer, Ferny, making photo selections for First Fit
Now you’ve got the inside scoop! For an example of the final product, this is how our team reviewed the MBLM by Tess Holiday Pleated Mesh Skirt.
“The fabric of this skirt is super soft and high quality. I really love the shape it gives me by nipping in my waist. While I don’t typically like the length of skirts like this, I don’t mind that this hits me around the knees. This would be great for summer days paired with crop tops or simple tank tops.” – 4 hearts, Reviewer Jamie.
“This MBLM by Tess Holliday skirt is a perfect pick for the office or fun days and nights out! I felt it was very true-to-size. I had no fit issues anywhere. It is lined, which is key since it has sheer mesh stripes. The lining is soft and stretchy, so you don’t have to worry about it being snug. It has an elastic waistband and an exposed back zip, so it was easy to get on and off, and it fit comfortably on my stomach. Super cute. I would wear this with a graphic t-shirt and a denim jacket for a fun spring look!” – 5 hearts, Reviewer Liz
Are you interested in becoming a First Fit Reviewer? We’d love to meet you! If you live in the Tri-State contact us at email@example.com for more information.
*We pay our First Fit Reviewers a nominal amount for their time, but all reviews and opinions are their own. We ask for honest feedback with the above guidelines in order to provide the most value to you.