With their ankle skimming hems and lightweight fabrics, maxi dresses are a summer season no-brainer. This grab-and-go favorite calls for easy and breezy styling; Consider it “bare feet optional.” Don’t limit yourself to daytime casual, either. Thanks to free-spirited prints and feminine details, maxi dresses can look polished for evening, too. We think they’re so versatile, we even picked them as one of our favorite Summer Essentials.
So, are you feeling elegant or effortless? We’ve got styling tips for both. Read on for inspiration and closet the look to make it your own.
For an elegant look guaranteed to turn heads, try pairing your silky maxi with:
- Block heeled sandals or ankle-strap wedges
- A beaded clutch
- Dainty gold jewelry, like stacked rings or skinny bangles
- A loose bun
- Shimmery cheekbones and a nude lip
For a beach-y look wherever you are, try:
- Flat slides or white sneakers
- Chunky wooden bangles
- A floppy, wide-brimmed hat
- Beachy waves and a fresh-faced look
- A straw tote
For more maxi dress styling tips, check out our recent Facebook Live video How to Wear a Maxi Dress, below!