Fashion’s favorite season has arrived – Fall. We just released our Fall 2016 Lookbook, and this season’s vibe is all about the rustic romance. Get charmed by 70s boho and indulge in the feminine silhouettes and details of the era. Make it modern with bold print mixing, layers on layers, and touches of texture. Ready to master the rustic charm for yourself? Read on for tips to take your fall style to the next level, then closet from the collection to jumpstart your season’s best.
The enchanted mood this year is all about 70s romanticism – time to channel one of our favorite style icons: Stevie Nicks. To keep the look contemporary, contrast the femininity of the vibe with rustic accents, menswear-inspired oxfords, or biker boots. Think velvet and distressed leather accents, lace and button-down shirts, floaty fabrics with cozy knits.
Style at a Glance:
The Silhouette: Flowy and relaxed
The Color Palette: Muted hues with deep jewel tones
The Must-Pair Separates: Denim and tunics
The Texture: Cozy knits over floaty fabrics
Mixing Prints –
- Pick prints in the same color family. Think colors that complement, they don’t necessarily have to match.
- Use a “classic” print (stripes, polka dots, houndstooth) as if it were a solid. Pair it with a bolder or more abstract print.
- For those who want just a pop of the trend, try pairing a printed scarf or headband with a printed dress for just a touch.
Styled It –
- Keep accessories natural. Swap out traditional metallic jewelry for lush fabrics. Lace, ribbon, and velvet all play perfectly into this season’s must-try look.
- This is a great time to try the accessory trend of the moment: chokers. The runways have been filled with ornate chokers, but a simple velvet ribbon or delicate bow are our favorites.
- Layer on the accessories. Try tying a scarves in your hair, or layer a chunky one under a sweater.
Layering It On –
- Fall’s best styling trick is layers, and this year we are amping up the volume. Experiment with unexpected pairings for pops of chic surprises.
- Try a chic turtleneck under dresses or chiffon blouses or sweaters under jackets.
- Mix textures. A cozy knit over a chiffon piece can transition the otherwise light garment into a perfect fall look.
Lookbook styling by: Jennifer Smith