This summer we’re taking a deeper look into flattering looks for any body type in our Summer Shape series. For our current installment, we’re highlighting the Hourglass figure! If you think that might be you, take a look at the tips below for the most flattering pieces to wear this season, then check out some of our favorite Hourglass-flattering styles for work, weekend, and evening below.
Not an Hourglass? We’ve got the inside scoop on every body type. Check out our recent summer stories for Oval, Triangle, Column, and Inverted Triangle figures, and be sure to refer to our handy Shape Report for general figure-dressing tips.
Do I have an Hourglass Shape?
You might have an hourglass shape if you’re just about equally wide in the bust and hips and more narrow in the waist. The name comes from the curves of an actual hourglass.
What looks best on Hourglass figures?
- While many silhouettes work nicely on people with this figure, dresses that tie at the waist, have diagonal ruching, and peplum details, all draw the eye to the smallest part of you — creating a universally flattering shape.
- The body con shape is another that works well for this body type as it follows the lines your body naturally has.
- Try experimenting with lines and prints that mirror the hourglass curves.
- Flared jeans balance out your hips and bust for a dynamic shape.
- A v-neck creates lines that parallel your shape for a super flattering effect.
Feeling inspired? Closet from the Hourglass Collection now and find the perfect look to inspire you.