Getting dressed should be fun and easy — no matter your unique shape. That’s why this summer, we’re taking a moment to dive deep into each body type with our Summer Shape guides. This week, it’s all about Column figures. If you think that might be you, take a look at the tips below, then check out some of our favorite Column-flattering styles for work, weekend, and evening.
Not a Column shape? No worries! We’ve got a guide for you. Check out our recent summer guides for Oval and Inverted Triangle figures, as well as our handy Shape Report for all figures here. And, be sure to check back next week for even more tips on how to flatter your shape. Happy dressing!
Do I have a Column shape?
If your bust, waist, and hips are all pretty much the same size, you’re likely a Column. Your figure is more or less straight up-and-down, and very proportional.
What looks best on Column figures?
- Try fit-and-flare dresses to add some gentle curves to your shape.
- Peplums and belted tops help define your waist.
- Tank shapes and boyfriend blazers can be flattering with your similar proportions. Or, try a fitted, cropped blazer when you want to define your waist.
- Wrap dresses and v-necks help add curves where you want them.
- Maxi dresses also look great — especially if they’re nipped at the waist.
Here are some Summer-ready styles to try:
Got questions about how to flatter your figure? Let us know in the comments below! And don’t forget to check out our Column styles collection to start closeting now.